10 Personality Traits of Highly Successful Employees
In today’s highly competitive scenario, getting a job in itself is a tough task and excelling at it requires deep commitment and perseverance. But things that run through ideal candidates and high potential employees more or less remain the same. Given below is a list of 10 such personality traits compiled by The Business Insider that keep these ideal candidates ahead of the pack.
1. Resourcefulness: It is one such aspect that makes you a valuable asset for any organization. If you are adept at solving problems and challenges on your own, then you can easily climb the success ladder.
2. Street Smartness: Street smartness is another trait that is highly sought after by any company. It helps in solving problems and challenges by thinking ‘out- of- the- box’. You should have the courage to ask your superiors questions and come up with solutions that are in the interest of the organization.
3. Loyalty: It is one of the most important things that employers look for in an employee. Nothing will work out well without trust and loyalty is one unifying factor that will lead any company to success.
4. Integrity: Integrity is another factor that will hold you in good stead in your company. You should always have this tendency to do your work seriously without wasting time on social media or other such distractions. Company always keeps a track of their employees and they are more than happy to see a person doing his task diligently.
5. True Confidence: You should have the courage and confidence to stand up and defend your line of thought, even when things are not going well for you. This shows your true confidence and reiterates the fact that you are no pushover.
6. Eagerness to learn: This is also a very common trait in most successful employees. The eagerness to learn new things and being open to new challenges is one aspect that puts the really good ones apart from others. Having this capacity to learn new things means that as the organization grows, he/she will also grow with the organization.
7. Attention to detail: Attention to detail is also a very important aspect and trait of any successful employee. Sloppiness can be a massive impeding force, even if you’re the most intelligent person for the job. There’s no space for sloppiness in any organization.
8. Empathy: Empathy is another aspect that’s in demand. Studies indicate that the most successful teams aren’t those with higher degrees or charisma, these are the ones with empathy. Many organizations put a high tag on empathy.
9. Energy: A successful employee should be highly energetic and passionate towards his/her work. This gives the companies a sense of security and a belief that the person is enjoying the work that he is doing.
10. Value Alignment: Value alignment is considered by many as a very important trait in successful employees. Nothing in the world can replace persistence. Talent, education, professional pedigree and personality are worthless without a drive to better oneself.